What is corona treatment?
Corona treatment is a surface treatment technique. It modifies the surface of the base material to treat – such as plastic film, paper or metallic foil – by applying corona discharge.
Corona discharge is generated when high-frequency, high-voltage electricity from a corona generator is applied between the electrode and treating roller of the treating station.
A base material that passes through this corona discharge field is corona treated. This treatment generally improves wettability (wetting tension), and at the same time significantly improves the printing property, coating property, laminating property, etc.
Learning about corona treatment
- What is corona treatment?
- Applications of corona treatment
- Principle of surface modification by corona/gas plasma
- Configuration of a corona treater
- Basic structure of a treating station
- Wettability (wetting tension) and watt density
- How to measure the effect of treatment
- Ozone exhaust
- Our corona treatment experiment systems
- Order placement process